11/14/2009

Em's deal of the month



I did it...I broke down and got a double stroller. With three I have no time to exercise and the price of a gym pass out well outside of our discretionary fund. I have been watching them for a while but people wanted around $200.00 used, ugh!

Ebay had this model, new; clearance with shipping it was $100 (typically runs around $240.00). So I was really happy with the bid. They shipped it Fed Ex. I'm pretty sure the guy tied it to the back of his truck and dragged it down I-45 at high rates of speed because he rang the door bell and ran. And I found myself looking at a mangled package that once resembled a box.


I was bummed because there was some damage to the stroller, mostly on the plastic parts and a few scratches on the metal. I talked to the ebay guy and he said he would send me new parts (they just need to be replaced by a screw) and take $35.00 for the scratches. Wohoo, a good deal made better!

The kids LOVE it, Eliza Isaac and I have been walking 3 days a week while Erin is at school. Now to start running…..

No comments: