8/13/2006

The Countdown Begins

Star ship enterprise flying over League City. This was the sunset a few nights ago. Texas may not have much, but they have beautiful clouds.
Sorry about the lack of posts lately, my free time has been greatly inhibited due to work and the moving thing.

We are T-12 days until we close on the house. And yet I haven’t packed a single box. I am still working on a large catalog project for a company and am hoping to be completed with all projects by Thursday. (Its more of a panic furry to hit a deadline.)

Then starts the arduous journey of packing. I think I haven’t started yet because frankly I hate packing. But I have started to de-junk the apartment. I have found myself in a throwaway mood. Things I have held onto for years are getting chucked faster then the City of Houston shoots down mass-transit options.

Erin is growing up so quickly, she has decided to self-potty train. On one hand her proactive approach is great, on the other she thinks it gives her a license to run in the buff.

We have hit our first “bumps” in the house buying process. My realtor forwarded me an email Thursday saying the owners were moving the 25th and 26th. That poses a problem since we are closing the 25th and moving in the 26th. For some reason they were under the impression after they handed the keys over they had three days to move. And to make matter worse they are closing on the house they are buying the same day. They have had this house lined up for over a month. Why close the same day? They are nice people - just idiots.

We purchased our first appliance this weekend at the Sears scratch and dent. Never mind there was a murder a few blocks away the night before we picked it up. Not a great neighborhood but an awesome place for frugal people who are willing to dodge a few bullets to save a couple hundred dollars. We got our fridge at 50% off and the dents are on the sides, it looks really nice, and we didn’t get shot.

Our new fridge


We’ll my postings over the next few weeks will be few and far in-between. Check in every now and then, but I have a feeling my posts will consist more about ranting and frustrations than photos.
Until next time
Princess Erin…. Erin is into this new fashion phase right now. She is very adamant about what she wears. She always demands that she wears her sunglasses on her head. I couldn’t figure out why until I realize that’s where my reading glasses are most of the time.
Do everyone’s child sleep like a jumper who’s parachute failed to deploy?
Princess Erin strutting her stuff again

Texas baby….Its starting…..
Erin loves playing with her blocks. Its now a daily ritual.
GODZILLA !!!!!! Erin &Kylie playing beauty shop. Kylie is not so happy about the new hairdo Erin gave her.
This is one of my new favorite photos.
She was hiding from me that day guilty of some mischievous deed.

3 comments:

Emily W said...

Erin is sooo cute! I want to see her so much and hear her talk and see all that personality in person. Good luck with all the packing, closing, moving etc. I don't envy your position at all. Atleast you aren't 6 months pregnant this time. Wish I could be there to help you.

Ariana said...

Good luck moving...It is a pain, but it is the greatest feeling knowing that you probably won't move again for awhile.

You will love your fridge...we bought a similar model & I LOVE IT!!

Kari said...

nice fridge. And did I mention that you have the MOST ADORABLE child in the ENTIRE world? I'm in love with her and I've only met her once. Good luck with the moving!