11/18/2007

Party Hardy

Erin turned three on Saturday and had a "princess party." You forget what its like to anticipate your birthday. For a week all I heard was how she wanted a pink party and how she would wear pink socks, and pink shorts, and pink shirt, and pink underwear (we are still working on the sidell rule of, just because its the same color does not mean it matches). And that everyone would bring her beautiful presents (vain eh?). By the way, Erin is madly in love with the boy in the photo above. Their family moved here a few months ago and he swept Erin off her feet with his dashing good looks and kindergarten maturity.

So Saturday came and she jumped out of bed to open her presents.
We got her an art easel, grandma and grandpa got her light up LED butterflies for the garden, Uncle Max got her a farm set and she got lots of princess dress up things and jewelry.



We had a good sized party (9 kids and 17 adults) at the house Saturday night for friends and parents of friends. Just good old fashioned cake and ice cream, none of this spend $500.00 and rent out the zoo crap.

And I am happy to say all the kids survived, as did my furniture and walls.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the night, except for Eliza who just kept getting dressed up by the girls.

7 comments:

One Artist a Day said...

Did you make the cake again?

Jessica said...

Wow. Now I feel better. I thought Kate was the only one who wore pink socks, with pink pants and a pink shirt. Who produced that cake?

Emily W said...

Looks like a fun party, Eliza looks really cute with all the dress up stuff. Last year at Autumn's 3rd birthday she got a bunch of dress up stuff and 6 month old Prairie got to wear a lot of it.

Emm said...

yes, I made the cake. I was happy it actually resembled a crown, since I was too cheap to buy the pan. Erin was just happy it was pink

One Artist a Day said...

At first I thought it might be a pink baseball glove, but I quickly realized it was my mistake. As for the pinks not matching. At least she is not like me in kindergarten who thought red and pink matched. I think my favorite outfit was a red shirt with pink pants.

Brenna said...

I can't believe you are the mother of a 3 year old. Can you believe it has been so long since we were all in seminary together? What, like 8 years now?

Abbie said...

Did you really quote the Mr. Seidel rule - just because it's pink, doesn't mean it matches!!

LMOA

I use that on Andi all the time!! (who by the way, shares your daughter's concern about matching underwear)