7/01/2008

Hmmm, when they say green, they mean green




I couldn't stand our all gray house anymore, so while I was at the local Ace Hardware I saw they were having a paint sale and I decided to jump on it. (just FYI, their paint is awesome)! For months I have been taping paint samples to this room trying to figure out what I like. I was going for something deep brown or red, but in the heat of the moment went with green. And wow, it is green. Can't say I am overly crazy about the color, but it really makes the molding pop, which is what I wanted.

As what to do with the windows I'm not sure. For those of you who have visited, we have mirrored vertical blinds, and I HATE them. However, we don't have the money to drop $300+ on wood blinds. So any ideas? My budget is like $30.00 (yes I'm as cheap as ever). The problem is I need something that provides a heat barrier since the sun is so hot here.

And the white table is going, at least back to the kitchen. I am in the process of refinishing my gt. grandmothers old oak table, but had to take a break for the summer since its so humid.

And yes....that is my child sitting on the floor reading a book with a bike helmet on.....

1 comment:

Tracy Anne said...

i LOVE the green! it looks great in that big room with all the natural light.