1/28/2010

The Picinic Table

I made the girls a picnic table for Christmas from the scrap wood left over from building our fence last year. This was really the first thing I have built outside of fences and I was happy with the final product. I found a great website with Free simple plans for beginners and the project took me a little over three hours from start to finish. I did buy non-treated pine 2*6's for the table top and benches since the kiddos will be touching and eating off those areas. Total cost... $13.00.
And the girls love it! They eat lunch out there almost every day and I love it becuase my floors stay a little cleaner since lunch has moved outside :)

This website has lots of great easy projects (and some more difficult ones also). I also made Jared a workbench...now he has an obligation to make me stuff :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

LOVE THIS, and I also love the site. Very, very cool.

Renshaw Family said...

How about you make my kids a picnic table too?