9/02/2010

Bring On The Rain

Its been a hot, dry summer so the rain this week has been welcomed. Ike LOVES to splash in the puddles. This week I have been caught in two separate torrential downpours on my bike pulling the trailer. The first was fun and Isaac and Eliza stayed fairly dry (and I was in biking attire). Today however we were just picking up Erin from school and Isaac ran out in the downpour to play in the puddles and I was soaked (in khakis, ugh!) from chasing him down, so I figured we would just make the 3/4 mile trek home.

Erin sobbed uncontrollably all the way home on her scooter. I am a horrible parent because I couldn't help from laughing as I watched Erin's gracefully gliding through the downpour yelling at the top of her lungs between the sobs "I hate this!". Drama Drama :)

A couple of days ago the girls were out running around with rain jackets and umbrellas and Ike ran out in just his clothes (as always).

Photo One: Ike joyfully playing in the rain
Photo Two: Mom walks out to see Eliza sudsing up Ike head with HAND SOAP.
Photo Three: Ike's playtime in the rain was interrupted by soap in the eyes and dad came home to mom holding a screaming child under the outdoor hose spicket...in the pouring rain.

1 comment:

Emily W said...

Your kids are so cute. I want to visit again :(