7/08/2006

New Paint

I finally finished Erin’s dresser. Brittany and I started it a few weeks ago when she was down visiting. This dresser has a long history. Jared’s dad built it from scrap wood when Jared and his brother were little and they used it through their childhood. When we got married, we did not have a dresser so we inherited Jared’s one from his childhood. It was layered with superman stickers. I stripped it down and stained it and we used it until last fall when we upgraded to a new dresser, which we found in the dumpster.
We thought Erin’s room could use a little more spunk so we gave it a new paint job. After twenty years its still going strong…..

5 comments:

me said...

nice!

Emily W said...

Em, that dresser looks amazing! I love it, will you come to my apartment and spruce up all my hand me down furniture?

scottie said...

kudos!! i'm muy impressed.... very child-chic.

Anonymous said...

You have your mother's creativity!

You lucky girl!

Kari said...

great dresser. If I move to St Louis I won't be that far away...maybe you could come and give me some decorating tips!