11/20/2006

Erin’s Big Party

We had a party for Erin on Friday night that doubled as our open house. I think we had about 30 people there, lots of food and Erin raked in the goods – I can’t believe how much stuff she got.

I made a giant paper mache spider which half of the kids loved and the other half it scared the heck out of them and made many cry, maybe not the best idea in retrospect :)

I also made her a cookie monster cake, which she was all concerned about. All day she kept saying (in her southern accent she is picking up when she gets excited) where my cookie monster cake? I had to put it in the garage for fear she would maul it. I told her it had to “dry” a few hours before we could eat it.

Unfortunately my camera finally bummed out on me once and for all right at the start of the shin-dig so I have not photos to document the spider beating event. One of our friends took photos so hopefully I will have some later this week.

As for the camera…I thought it was time to finally turn my Canon A70 digital camera to its grave. Jared purchased it for me on our wedding and in the pass three years it has document over 6,000 photos, been dropped in water, slung through cow poo, beaten and battered in every possible way. Canon has a trade in program so I called to see what I could qualify for and found out that my camera had a recall on it for a defective part and it sounds exactly like my problem. If that is the case they will fix it for free, (otherwise its $180 which the camera is worth half of that now). I was a bit perturbed since I had registered it and had not been notified of the defect and for the last 6 months I had to shake my camera to get it to work. But you can’t beat free, the downside is I’ll be without it over Christmas.

So Kari, keep your pants on, I’ll post photos when I get them :)

No comments: