7/28/2007

ONE MONTH




Yesterday Eliza was one month old, I can't believe how fast time went. We moved her into her upstairs nursery on Monday night and she adjusted well. Tuesday she had her 4 week appointment and she weighted a whopping 9lbs 14oz. That puts her in the 75% for weight. Erin was barely on the charts.

I spent most of last week helping the other YW leaders gear up for camp. I was planning on taking Eliza and spending Friday with the girls, but it was raining and I didn't want to risk getting her sick. I was extremely disappointed, but I already had a sitter lined up so I spent the morning at the chiropractor undoing what nine months and 50 lbs or pregnancy did to me.

And then to celebrate the one month mark I went running for the first time in months. I ran 11 minutes (don't ask me distance I won't measure for the first week). That first jog after pregnancy feels so awkward. Things jiggle that never use to and nursing does not help the situation. But I am determined to do the half marathon this winter.

This morning I finally sucked it up and went dress shopping for my SIL wedding in a few weeks and it was a very depressing trip. I came home with one and after take a photo of myself it totally looked like something my grandma wore in the 1940's (and not the good kind) On the bright side I got a new pair of orange running shoes 50% off and they look fabulous on me!

4 comments:

Brenna said...

Oh Em, don't be hard on yourself! You aren't even 6 weeks out of pregnancy! I am impressed that you are running already:)

Emily W said...

Yay for shoes when nothing else is fitting right! Don't worry Em, make sure to give your body plenty of time to recover, you still have plenty of time to train for a half marathon.

Jessica said...

Good for you running! I am going insane because I haven't been able to go since last week (dumb appendix). It is a way to relax I have found. Odd, right? What half are you planning on running?

Kari said...

I can't believe you actually want to do a half. I'm doing one on Sunday and am certain that I'm crazy. I also can't believe that Eliza is already a month old! That really flew by (at least for those of us not being kept up all night by her).