6/14/2009

YOUTH CONFERENCE & BIRTHDAY

Talk about a crazy week. Thursday – Saturday was our annual Stake Youth Conference for church. Being YW President, attending most of it comes with the territory. We had 13 teenage girls plus adults stay at our home. This is my crew, I love them to death. They showed up Thursday night and announced they had a well-concocted plan if I went into labor. I said really? Christina was like “I am totally ready to deliver you because it would be totally cool just as long as no one died... Brittany (who does not yet officially have a license) is going to drive to the hospital, and the others are on the towel brigade”. The humorous part was they were completely serious, it was all planned out and “well researched”. Luckily for all parties involved I made it though the weekend, baby still intact.


I will admit by Saturday night after two nights past 1am, 12 hour days, a three hour service project in a cemetery with a 109 heat index and 38 weeks pregnant, I was completely and utterly exhausted. If I would have gone into labor last night, I am dang sure I would have slept through it.


Today I turned 28. Jared took the girls this morning so I could sleep in until 9:30. Growing up I always said I would never get married until 28…..now I am married with 2.9 kids and this is what I look like (mom you wanted a preggo photo, thank Erin for her great photography skills). And I wouldn’t change it for the world.

Jared got me a really nice Swiss hiking pack, which looks pretty hideous on me at this point. I am having this dilemma on how people go shopping with three kids, especially since Eliza can slide out of any shopping cart belt ever made…..I think Jared just solved my problem. I figure we will not be backpacking until at least until fall, but it’s big enough to put Eliza in when I go to the grocery store. I could just pack her in on my back; the material is breathable and has a hydration system in it. It would be perfect minus the fact it would probably look like I was hauling around a rabid badger….cps probably frowns on that eh?

Anyway, spent the afternoon at church and then Jared fixed dinner (chicken basil pasta and brushetta). Minus the point he cooked three pounds of pasta, it was wonderful. Erin helped make a cake and once again I am ready to hit the hay.



1 comment:

Emily W said...

Well I didn't send a card or call, but I did think, Oh it is Emmaly's birthday today!

Anyway I really like your pack, but I want to see more pictures, or a link to a website where I can read more about it.