8/09/2009

Back in the Saddle…

Well kind of. It’s more like being stuck in the stirrups hanging upside-down under a galloping horse holding on for dear life wondering which upcoming boulder is going to knock you unconscious …there are a few straps that need to be tightened.

This week I stopped feeling sorry for myself and decided to tackle life. Feeling sorry probably isn’t the right words, more like completely clueless how to start. I decided I have to figure out how to handle three in public at some point so it’s either now or later.


Isaac had his one month well check, they are pretty fast and we had the first appointment so I figured it was not worth the hassle to get a sitter. It’s a large office and we were in the back. The nurse and I were weighing Isaac and in a second Eliza was gone. I figured she just went around the corner to get a drink, but the drinking fountain stood alone. Long story short she had made it back through the maze of hallways to the waiting room and was hiding. It took me, the nurse and our pediatrician almost ten minutes to find her. Nothing says I’m a great mother like asking your pedi to join you on a manhunt in a confined space. She said she had never seen a kid so stealthy and then recommend a harness for the mall….I am not sure if that made me feel better or worse.

So I decided to try the library again, we have done it a few times. Eliza fell off the alligator book shelf and put another dent in her head and Ike pooped down the front of me… And that was the end of that idea for the week.


So we stayed home most of the week. On the bright side I got caught up on young women stuff, shopped for house and car insurance (for reference Geico was well below anyone else), got the policies switched over, dealt with Texas Windstorm, sent out dozens of emails that have been sitting in my inbox patiently waiting, planted my fall tomatoes and finally felt like I am getting back into a sudo-routine.

And while I was doing this, the girls were doing this !!?!!

Erin's thug-mug shot
wool stocking hats are great when its 100 degrees outside


Hangin' with the bro



2 comments:

ashley said...

So that's what Erin was talking about on the phone...:) How funny! I wish you luck with the three little ones--that's got to be a lot of fun. jk! You should just get Eliza the leash...even though it looks like she's a dog, it's better than losing her. And she sounds crazy!

Melissa said...

If you need a harness, we have a cute lady bug one that someone bought for Milena, which means it is in brand new condition. You are welcome to it.