8/02/2009

We survived a month!

I know its a pink towel, that is what you get for hand-me-downs with two older sisters but he is such a peanut!
Eliza and her "boat"



Isaac is officially four weeks today. Talk about a month! I would write more, but pure exhausting incurs memory loss. He is already getting so big, I am curious what he weighs, I am not use to kids who actually grow; both girls were off the charts for months.

This week I built up enough courage to venture out the grocery store with all three. It seriously takes me at least an hour to get out of the front door. We got to the store and I put Isaac in his wrap and harnessed him to my chest thinking if I still had both hands free it would be just like having two kids again….WRONG! Erin and Eliza both wanted the “car” cart so we got one. The first ten minutes were great, Erin and Eliza stayed in the car and Isaac was sound asleep and then all the fury of hell broke loose. Eliza learned the art de-shelving a whole row of goods at once by sticking her hand in the shelf and running and thus clearing the contents. She also learned quickly that with Isaac tied to my chest I am fast, but can’t bend down so throwing herself on the floor was safe territory.

By the time I made it to the check out, I had six half eaten tomatoes, two mulled green peppers, a bunch of random items that Eliza had thrown in (I did put the grits back, ugh!). Eliza was having a melt down because I ran over her hand with a loaded cart and Isaac decided he was starving. And Erin acted like and angel and milked the situation for all it was worth to get a treat. The shopping venture was a complete fiasco. Jared is going to have to learn how to shop or starve.

Jared’s parents got into town late Thursday night and it good to see a relief party for a few days. They brought down 4 dozen ears of sweet sweet Iowa sweet corn. It’s been too long. There is nothing like good corn. We decided to throw an old fashion corn boil Friday night. Typically you spend the day shucking freezing corn, but we just went for the potluck dinner at the end of the day. Between adults and kids we had almost 40 people at our house. Luckily the weather held so we could be outside. I would like to say people think we throw great parties, but I am pretty sure free food was the lure. Either way it was a lot of fun and just a relaxing night.



2 comments:

Jed and Kallie said...

It was fun to get together--thanks for hosting. Good to meet Jared's parents too. Hope you a fun weekend with them. Next time drop the kids off here so you can go shopping in peace.

Ariana said...

I totally feel your pain there. That was very close to my first solo shopping experience. I have to say it does get better...I think once Aiden hit 2 months old was the first time I succesfully made it through a store with no major melt downs.