11/02/2009

Trick-or-treating and Blue Angels

Quote of the day “I don’t want to go trick-or-treating; I JUST WANT TO SEE THE B-L-U-E A-N-G-E-L-S. She is Jared’s daughter :)

We had a wonderful Halloween weekend. Erin hit the mother load of candy this year. I have no idea what we are going to do with it all. They went trick-or-treating two days this week at preschool. Erin decided to be belle and Eliza wanted to be a kitty….thank you craigslist for making my Halloween economical.

Friday night we had our ward trunk-or-treat at church. Eliza finally got what it was all about this year and it was so much fun. I decided to dress up this year; I was a piece of damaged luggage from American Airlines. I stopped by the resale shop and picked up a suitcase and used a dremmel to make it work. I ended up winning the “most inventive”, not bad for $2.00 and an hour to make it.
Halloween day Erin had her last soccer game. She has been playing on a league with kids that have mental or physical disabilities. They invite siblings and friends to play on the team and it was a really good experience for her.

Then we spent the afternoon watching Wings Over Houston air show. We didn’t buy tickets this year, but there is a park within a mile of Ellington Field and we watched it from there. The park was packed, but it worked out well. The weather was fantastic and the girls could kick around the soccer ball as we were waiting for the next set of planes to taxi. Ike LOVED the air show (or loved being outside), he even the f-16 flying over head with after burners.

The main show this year was the Blue Angles and they were awesome! I also really liked the stunt planes that stall out and flip head over tail.

We got home just in time to go trick-or-treating. Eliza loved it! She walked for over two hours and came home with her bucket full. We have a neighborhood with lots of kids and a lot of people who are gone for the night taking their kids around just set a bowl of candy on the driveway with a note that says take one. I thought I would do the same, Jared was kidding me that the candy was going to get stolen, I didn’t care. But when I came back I was surprised not only did they steal the candy, they took the bowl with them.
Here is what they ended up with this morning, after munching on it all weekend, Jared taking a portion to work and the youth group ravaging it after the fireside last night. Now the question is what the heck do I do with all this candy?

No comments: