6/20/2010

Youth Conference 2010

League City Young Women (ages 14-17)

As a YW leader I LOVE Youth Conference. From a planning perspective our stake takes care of almost everything so its pretty relaxing for me. But that's not why I like it (although a great plus). I love how the church has instituted programs like this for the youth. Youth Conference is a three-day opportunity to make new friends from across the Houston SouthEast area, strengthen testimonies and a time for spiritual renewal and reflection on life goals.
Houston South Food Bank Service Project
They had wonderful speakers this year, great workshops, big community service projects and oh ya lots of dancing, dancing and more dancing. I am pretty sure there is some video floating around out there of my lam-o attempt to line dance, lets hope it never surfaces :)
(this was not a workshop, this was my car dying in the sweltering heat at Sonic and our attempt to revive it :)
Our ward also split last fall so it was great to see some of my old girls who are just not in another ward but now in another stake. And it was a good time to bond with the new girls that have moved into our ward. I am so thankful to work with such a wonderful group of Young Women. They are wonderful examples of living Christ-like lives and its been a privilege over the years to work with them.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Amen sister!

Scott and Analisa said...

This isn't the same care that died on us when went to go get groceries...is it? You and cars do not mix. I think you need to just stick with a bike, but one that seats at least ten people...