8/15/2010

Girls Camp & Grandma Sue Visits


A couple of weeks ago I got to go to GIRLS CAMP! Yes I am one of those freaks of nature who loves to go camp in the sweltering heat with a bunch of city teenage girls who have never been camping, let along taken a shower with a family of spiders.

We took 21 girls from our ward and it was a wonderful week! Low drama (well low for teenage girls) and lots of fun experiences and above all it was just a nice break from life and a chance to refocus spiritually.

I spent most of my free time at the rifle and archery range since I was fighting a chest cold all week. Even being sick Amber and I SWAMPED the competition in the canoe races and had the best overall time in the camp.


And while I was away, my mom and aunt Kathy flew down to watch my kiddos for the week. The played tea parties, American Idol, learned to tie-dye from the hippie sisters and got spoiled rotten.

We went to the beach on day and Eliza found a blue crab that she wanted to pet, not such a good idea :)


The girls had a blast and I think my mom and aunt had a good time. Although mom said it took them a good week to recover.



No comments: