3/03/2008

musings

hmmm, whats new.... Eliza is all over the place. Her knees are all calloused from the wood floors so now she can move fast. Last week she took her first tumble down the stairs. I was cleaning carpets and put her back in the office and told Erin to keep an eye on her and to let me know if she crawled out into the family room. I turned around to see Eliza crying on the landing and Erin at the top of the stairs saying "mom, I want you to know that Eliza fell down the stairs" - always the informer.

We went out and bought Erin her soccer cleats and shin guards last week. She was so excited she came down the next morning sporting only her cleats, shin guards and a pink pair of underwear - I told her this was soccer, not rugby. Practice starts on the 17th. I am pretty sure I paid $60.00 so my kid could eat dirt and pick flowers on the side of the field, but I hear the 3-5 year old are hilarious.

Jared started a new job today - same company, different department. He is now with FDM. Its more of a management position, which I think is hilarious since Jared really isn't a people person, but its a good career move for him and he is excited to try something new.

Friday night I attended a youth sleepover with 15 teenage girls. I have finally become a cranky old women because at 1:30 I couldn't take it anymore and went out and told them to shut up and go to sleep. Then we were really mean at woke them up at 7 am and made them go on a walk :).
Friday we got our tax return and Saturday we think we broke a strut in our car so I am patiently waiting the damage report - happy tax return spending for us!

Thats life!

3 comments:

azufelt said...

I found your blog searching for CHD babies. My Daughter was born with CoA and had her coarc repair at 6 days old. We are now 4 months post-op, and so it's nice to see your daughter 3 years later so vibrant!

As I read through your blog I just wanted to comment that I also am LDS, I live in San Antonio, and I'm from Colorado, so I saw something about your husband going to school through CU (which is a great school!)

Anyway, you can link to my blog to read more about me. But I jsut wanted to say thanks, seeing your daughter gives me so much hope for our future!

azufelt said...

Oh, I emailed you... so you might have to check your junk mail if you don't see it....

the Smiths said...

ahh Emmaly, If i was at that sleepover i would have yelled at them long before 1:30. Hey i love reading your blog the kiddies are so cute! I enjoyed the rugby comments...I played awhile back. Hope you guys are doing well! hey i need advise what books should i keep for landscaping.