8/13/2008

Sick Days


Ahh, Finally a breath of relief. Eliza had her 12 month immunizations about 12 days ago and they think she had a really bad reaction to her MMR shot. She ran a fever of 104 on and off for the last five days and her face swelled up and she got all these sores in her mouth so she wouldn't eat and drink. Its been a pretty miserable week. But last night she felt well enough to play in the tub for a while and this morning her fever was gone so hopefully this is the end. Erin also has a reaction to her MMR but it was not this bad, next time around I think we'll break up the vacanation into the three seperate shots.

3 comments:

Tracy Anne said...

curious to hear what you think about the whole 'no vaccination' craze after this experience...
glad eliza's feeling better!

Emm said...

I'll stick with the vacs. I know there are side affects, but I would rather deal with this than rely on herd immunity and have my kid susceptible to a really nasty disease that's preventable.

We did delay vacs with Erin because of her heart and really liked it (where you get one at a time).

Jenny said...

Yikes, what a nightmare! I agree with you about vacs. The side affects definitely outweigh the risks!

PS Um, I'm new in the ward...sorry for stalking your blog! :)