8/23/2008

When Luck Runs Out.

As for me, I didn't have the luck of a movie star this week. I managed to get my first speeding citation in over a decade last Sunday coming home from Church (nothing like a sin printed on paper to make your Sabbath sub par). Anyway, lets just say it was a really bad day. We got to church and Erin's bloody nose started gushing again so I spent part of first hour in the bacthroom scrubbing blood out of her pink dress. Then, I'll just leave it as some people need to think before they speak and not be so vendective. So long story short, I got my feelings hurt and I cried hard ( I know those who know me knows what it takes to make me cry, it was that bad) and then driving home I was still upset and met a cop and looked down and thought, eh, I'm ten over going with the flow of traffic. Low and behold he picked me out and pulled me over, which made me cry ever harder. The officer said "I see you have a clean slate, well here is your ticket." I felt like grabbing him and saying, Officer you owe me big time! I labored in a car stuck in rush hour while one of your buddies drove by my purely paniced husband waving like a mad man covered in honey at a bear preserve, acknowledged him but failed to stop and help. What kind of Barney Fife patrol do you run here? However, a Fenton family lesson, touching a uniformed police officer = assult of an office = a felony. So I kept my hands on the wheel and bit my tounge. All I can say is Prick! Granted I was breaking the law, but give a sister some slack! And just when I think my day really can't get any worse, I went to roll up my window after my lovely enounter with Officer "need to meet my quota" as the storm clouds billowed overhead, and it was dead. So I drove the last two miles home, wind sailing through my hair as I cursed the invention of the electric window. I went in, locked the door and went to bed. I woke up the next morning, feeling a bit better, until I called in and found out my ticket was $147 or I can pay $131 and take a six hour defensive driving course and its nixed from my record. So those wood blinds I have been saving for for months will now be replaced with some tacky vynal table coth from the dollar store. Stellar Em, real smooth... So the moral of the story is, when in Texas obey the law or fake a labor.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

What a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day! But the way you said everything just cracked me up. But seriously..."I see you have a clean slate..here's your ticket." And you were CRYING! What a jerk. Where's the love? (And how nice that they let you save $16 if you take the defensive driving class. That's about $2.50 an hour).

Emily W said...

Emm, I am so sorry about your horrible day. Maybe the blinds will go on sale, and you can still get them ? :)

Arid-zona Mom said...

No fun at all! Talk about your bad days. But on the other hand things can only get better when your at the bottom. If you'd rather no take defensive driving you can do a probation option where you pay the ticket and if you don't get another ticket in 3 months I think, it gets taken off your record. Then you can save defensive driving for a real emergency. I unfortunately have had too much experience with tickets in texas.

Arid-zona Mom said...

No fun at all! Talk about your bad days. But on the other hand things can only get better when your at the bottom. If you'd rather no take defensive driving you can do a probation option where you pay the ticket and if you don't get another ticket in 3 months I think, it gets taken off your record. Then you can save defensive driving for a real emergency. I unfortunately have had too much experience with tickets in texas.

Hilllary Howland said...

WOW! Don't we all have these kinds of days once and while?? For sure you should do the probation thing and not get a ticket for 3 months!!! Don't worry about the blinds we have been in house a year now and still don't have any!!! ;) Call me about that! We waited for my sister who sells them now so we get them wholesale!

Tracy Anne said...

I think I'm going to save this post to my favorites list and read it every time I think I'm having a bad day. You officially had the worst day on record. Even my speeding ticket paled in comparison to $147.

Scott and Analisa said...

Boooooooooo ! What a poopy day. I hate getting my feelings hurt too. I am sorry you cried, and that officer was a jerk! Oh well, your girls have cute hair, I love Erin's personal "professional" touch!

Kari said...

Oh man that was a bad day! I'm cursing the person who made you cry because whatever s/he said must have been really awful. I love you, so forget that crap.