8/16/2008

Supper Time at the Nut House

Eliza is back to her old self and I slowly regaining my sanity. Eliza is entertaining at the table. I know that's not real mother like to say, but the fact of the matter is she eats like a hog at a trough. If there is rice that is all she will eat and she eats a ton of it. She is a human garbage disposal. Last night I was putting away groceries only to turn around and see her eating strawberries, leaves and all.

We were sitting at lunch today and I made some pasta and said "great Eliza likes it". Jared laughed and replied, "If you gave her cardboard and wet it down she would eat it". Gotta love not having picky kids.

If you don't have kids and wonder what its like. Here is an idea....

"Ohhhhh, food, I see it, I love it!"

"Why use a spoon when I have two good hands. I can use both to shovel it into my mouth at twice the speed."

"Give me more! I'm starving!"

"Ugh, its expanding, maybe I should have passed on the last serving"

1 comment:

Jenny said...

My 2 year old used to be the exact same way...he'd shove anything into his mouth. Now, out of the blue, he's acquired an extremely delicate sense of taste...meaning he won't eat anything with any smidgen of nutrional value. I hope it's a phase...