10/01/2008

My New Workhorse


Jared and I celebrated our 5th anniversary this week. We had big plans to go on a cruise this fall, but our vacation money will now be funding our insurance deductible. So we went out to Zio for dinner and caught "get smart" at the dollar theater. And to make it an incredibly romantic evening we even stopped at Academy Sports so I could buy a new pair of crap kickers (rubber boots for you city people) for working in Galveston the next morning. Nothing like being all dolled up, slipping off your Maryjanes to try on a pair of knee-high black rubber boots, got a few odd looks from the manly hunters in the section.

But he did surprise me with a kitchenaid professional mixer. Maybe I should preface that with, I really wanted one and asked for one before people start shaking their heads saying, man he is in the doghouse now :). I am so excited! He did well.

Anyway not the most romantic weekend, the hurricane is still having its affects on life down here, but its been an amazing five years and life is good.

For the Renshaws 5 years =

2 little chicas, wild and crazy
2 moves, one across the nation, one across town
2 evacuations - two different storms, the same destination
1 hurricane - Ike blows
1 heart surgery - when we had to grow up
1 home - which we love and will be laying new wood floors due to Ike - happy anniversary to us!

3 comments:

Renshaw Family said...

A kitchenaide. Way to go Jared! I got one from my parents as a college graduation present. I absolutely love it and I'm sure you will too!

Jenny said...

Um--so jealous of your mixer!

Brenna said...

I luuuuuuuv my kitchen aid. That is an awesome anniversary present!