10/27/2008

Trunk or Treat



Our Ward had their annual Trunk or Treat Saturday night and it was the blast. The weather was beautiful, almost chilly (a.k.a 70 degrees). It has been cool enough that the swarms of skeeters from the hurricane have finally died down and for the first time in months, outdoor activities are enjoyable.

The turnout was huge (then again our ward is madly growing)! I made 70 bags of puppy chow and probably turned down the last 20 kids. They had a big dinner, games for the kids and then everyone decorated their trunk and the kiddos went around the parking lot trick-or-treating. I was pretty impressed with my trunk, considering I couldn't find I costume I figured the least I could do was decorate a little.One of our friends is a stanch democrat and he came as a republican, it was a great costume. Eliza was a elephant so they worked well together. I don't think I saw Erin all night, just a swarm of her princess possie darting through the dark wildly waving wand and gigling.

No comments: