2/15/2009

Love Maestro



Jared genuinely surprised me on Valentines Day yesterday. Typically he is a “wait to the last minute” and I get something wrapped in a walmart bag, which I really don’t mind. Of if he is buys something big he clears the idea with me before the purchase so he makes sure its something I actually want (which I don’t mind either).

I have wanted an acoustic guitar for a couple of years. I played French horn for 10 years and really miss music. I wanted something that I could pick up and learn in my “free” time. Anyway I mentioned it a few times in passing, but it was not a huge priority since free time is no longer in my vocabulary.

He told me he picked my present up three days before valentines day, which that alone about gave me a heart attack. Saturday morning, he slipped me a note that said “Don’t “Fret”, I didn’t spend too much with several clues leading me around the house until the clues lead me to a shinny black Gibson Maestro sitting in my office. I was so surprised, and thrilled. I spent Saturday afternoon at the local guitar store buying a few accessories (like a tuner) and now I can jam out with an A, E, G and C cord. He might regret it for the first few months….

He was really cute and romantic. And I got him basketball shorts :s

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Bravo, Jared! Now we have to rock out.

Ariana said...

My husband got basketball shorts too....how creative are we!