2/17/2009

Tubes


Eliza gets her tubes this morning. Here is a short video of where she is developmentally, really just a few of the cute things I will miss, when she can hear again. Like how she staggers like drunken sailor or runs with reckless abandonment since her balance is off, or how she communicates through her sing-song hum (like wall-e).

On the other hand, I can’t wait for her to speak. She is getting really frustrated. Right now she understands most things, pretty cool how much she has picked up, but she says very little. Most of the words she does say are muffled (like what you would hear from someone in the next room with the door closed). Our favorite is “Mo!” (for no). Erin and she have their own language and Erin typically translates for us. But most of all, I can’t wait to see her dance. She is 21 months and I have never seen her bust a move.

The procedure is about 8 minutes, very minimal. They slice the ear drum, drain the fluid and insert the tube. They said at her age she will start picking up words in a few days.

Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Jared-Monica-Brooke-Caleb said...

I hope everything went great!! She really is so cute such a snuggler!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto! I hope all is well. She sure is sweet.

Ariana said...

Hey...so I don't seem to have an updated address for you. I have a little something I want to send you - so if you could shoot me your address.....I will get it in the mail.