4/13/2009

Easter


We had a wonderful Easter, at least a wonderful Easter without photos of the girls in their dresses.

Jared’s dad always took his daughters Easter dress shopping - unaided. It’s a risky venture, a father with two little daughters with big blue eyes and the perfected “But Daddy, its beautiful and I love it!”. Jared has decided to carry on the tradition, which I think is really cute. So last Wednesday night while I was at mutual he took both of them to Kohls to pick out their dresses. Erin's was pretty hideous, but very much “Erin style”, and she is madly in love with it. Eliza’s was really cute. However, there are no photos. Easter morning I couldn’t get them to sit together and the second I did Eliza fell off the back of the couch face first onto the hard wood floor. The next chance I got they were both mottled in chocolate. Maybe next week….

Easter morning the girls were so excited. Eliza ran right by her new little people school house and headed for the chocolate. My kid can now say thank you, please, shoe and chocolate….go figure. The Easter bunny brought Erin a guitar, which she loved! And Eliza loved eating Erin’s chocolate when Erin jammed on her guitar.

All meeting were canceled for church, except for Bishopric, so we just had to go a little early so Jared could attend that. It was really nice to have a Sunday morning home together. I love all the traditions of Easter, but I am thankful for the chance to sit and reflect on the Atonement and Resurrection of the Savior. We went to church and had a really nice sacrament meeting and then came made it home just in time to host dinner. We had a full house, but it was a nice relaxing dinner with some old friends and a few new friends.



No comments: