4/06/2009

Why do I need a boy when I have Eliza?


People say that boys are destructive…so is Eliza. The kid has no fear. My mom keeps saying she looks so fragile. If it was not for good medical insurance this kid would financially break us. She has had her tubes a month and last weekend she ruptured her ear drum from her first ever ear infection. So now she is back to being half deaf for the next few weeks to a month until it heals.

Then Thursday we were at a friend’s house visiting teaching (we have issues with our kids bleeding on her carpet, sorry jen :). Eliza was eating lunch at the table and she always stands on kitchen chairs and has tipped ours backwards several times. This time she did it and hit her front teeth on the way down on the back of the chair. She pushed her front two teeth way back. After we got the blood cleaned up we spent a good chunk of the afternoon at the dentist office.

Luckily she didn’t break off the roots. He said they would be discolored from blood seeping in and would slowly move back into place, but would probably always be set back a bit until they fall out. I can handle that, I was so afraid that the roots would be broken and the teeth would fall out and my kid would never lean to talk. We were hoping that she would learn a lesson from the experience, not so much.

We are looking forward to a week with no medical appointments….knock on wood.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'll cross my fingers for you if you'll do the same for me! ;)

Amber said...

I just have to say, I love coming to your blog for big laughs at what Erin says all the time. & the added accident-prone daughter Liza is just a bonus. How's my little nutcake doing today? Love it!!