3/08/2010

Quotes of the week

True Love ~
While riding home from a play date last week I heard from the back seat "I'm going to marry Stevie Grundberg". Out of sheer curiosity I asked Erin what made her come to that conclusion. Her response:

"We'll, I'm five....and Stevie's five...we're the same age and I think its good to marry someone the same age".

I decided to dig a little deeper...
"Well Erin, Does he treat you well?" "Oh yes!"
"Does he make you happy? " "Yes mom, I LOVE him!"
"Does he make you laugh" "He is sooo funny!"
"Is he ever mean to you?" "No, he's a very nice boy!"
"Umm, has he ever kissed you?" "No mom HE RESPECTS ME!"

Well there you have it, true love at age five. What more do you need? :)

"Deader fish are better fish". ~ Jared was studying Thursday night so I took the girls shopping and we stopped by Pet Smart to get their monthly animal fix. Eliza was obsessed with the hand sanitizer stations (she is our new house health commissioner). And Erin was obsessed with the one bloated dead goldfish floating on the top of the water. She kept saying she wanted to buy that one...becuase it would be easy to take care of....how do you argue with that point? So she came home singing "Deader fish are better fish".

"We don't moon at the dinner table"....Need I say more? Just one night I want a dinner without fighting, major spills or nudity.

"Mom, why are you reading that naked magazine?" ~ Sunday night I was reading this months National Geographic and they had an article about African bush tribes. Erin thought the boy ritualistically jumping over the cows back probably should have been wearing pants and he need to go buy some. When I told her they didn't have stores her eye got really big and she said "where do they buy their lunchables?" (she didn't stomach the picture of the daily kill too well).

2 comments:

ashley said...

LOL I literally was laughing out loud! Erin's so funny!

Amber said...

Stevie is a hot commodity. :) Yesterday, T was talking about her best friend at school, a little boy named Remington. She told me that he thought they were going to get married and she just laughed at him and said, "No! I'm marrying Stevie!" The race is on. ;)