2/27/2011

Run Like the Wind


Erin's and Melina, pre race
Erin ran her first road race Saturday. It was a 1K race and she was really nervous about it. On the way to her school that morning she asked me how you run. I told her that you find the fastest girl and keep pace with her until the end and then pass her right before the finish line, her reply was, "okay"! :)
Erin's behind the girl in the blue shirt (late start)!
We got there to warm up and there were about 20 girls in the kindergarten heat. They started each grade about 30 seconds apart and kindergarten was the last one to start. When they said go, Erin was still standing at the starting line, she was about five seconds behind everyone. However she looked really (can I even say too) natural running, but there were so many people going into the finish shoots I didn't even think she came close to placing.

The final 50
She was so excited she finished without walking. We stayed around for the school carnival and right when we were leaving I head her name over the loud speaker. Erin came in 2nd in her heat! She went up to get her medal and stand on the podium and the kid was beamming (so was mom)!
It still amazes some days how well she does, she is my living miracle, my daily reminder that the Lord is in control in all things.

No comments: