9/30/2006

Grow Garden Grow

I always think of October as the coldest month. Its obliviously not, but October is the transition month closing the heat of the summer and bringing on the first deep frost and the occasional snow. October is the month when your body shivers uncontrollably because it can’t handle the 70 degree change in weather. Or so I remember it ….I just planted my garden in 90 degree heat, which is just plain wrong.

On the other hand now that we have a house, I am very excited about having a garden.

This is our odd space. For some reason the previous owners did not extend the patio over to the windows and so there is a 5’x15’ area that housed random rock (to the left), lots of fire ants and one toad. I planted a little kitchen garden with squash, kohl robi, lettuce, and lavender around the boarder. So far it looks like I will just have a bed of squash since that seems to be all that is growing. My hopes are not too high since I just planted them in the ground. Typically to have a good garden you need a raised bed or engineer your soil.


This is my passion vine. I fell in love with this plant when I moved down here and finally was able to afford one at a 70% sale. Now I have something for the arbor.

And last, this is our spider that Erin named spidie (fitting) actually there are three of them that triangulated their webs. They have been hanging out over our compost pile for the last few weeks.

1 comment:

Emily W said...

Hey I love your new template? Is that from the bloger website or did you get it somewhere else? Also to answer your question my template is just from the blogger website, I saw too many blogs with the same background, so I decided to change mine.