3/06/2007

Good-bye to an old friend


We sold my 1994 Achivea this weekend! Yes the one I purchased the year I graduated high school. After 8 years of road trips from Vermont to Yellowstone and Canada to Texas I passed it on with 196,250 miles on him and I still got $800.00.

The car formally known as Maverick no longer had air, heat, defrost, socks, struts, the windows didn't roll down, the locks didn't work (except when it randomly locked you out every now and then), and was the only car I have seen with major rust damage and gravel dings on this side of the city (thanks to those salty Iowa roads).

May he have a few more good years!

2 comments:

Emily W said...

Hey Em,

Congrats on selling your car. I am amazed that you were able to get that much money for it. Sorry about your Buick getting crashed, that is kind of sad. Also I can't believe that you are already 6 months. It seems like you were just barely pregnant when I was there in January, because you didn't look that pregant. I am really glad that you posted some prego pics, I was going to start bugging you if you didn't.

Kari said...

So you bought your dad's pick-up huh? That's awesome. It'll be handy for loading soil as the Texans watch (what a jerk that guy was!).