4/01/2008

1st Game





Erin had her first game on Saturday and it was the best entertainment I have seen in a while. The team we played was all 3 year olds. Erin is one of the youngest on her team. We had 2 playing offense against 10 and still I don't think the ball ever made it down to our side of the field. But Erin stood her ground on defense. Bt the 4th quarter most of the kids had lost interest. They would run off the field and sit on their moms lap. It had rained the night before so the other big distraction was the ditch full of water right next to the field beaconing their clean new uniforms.

I was camping Friday and didn't realize how big Erin uniform would be. I quickly took in her shorts right before the game so they would not fall off, but I need to take in her jersey also.

3 comments:

Brenna said...

She looks so cute!

Emily W said...

Wow you have a soccer player. Autumn wants to do soccer, but I keep trying to get her to wait a little bit longer.

Kari said...

Such an awesome story. Emmaly the soccer mom...this is going to be blog fodder for years.