6/08/2008

Things to do while watching the weather report

hmmm,
I am sitting here exhausted, pondering how to spend my last night in Iowa. Oh ya, I'll do the same thing I have done the last 15 nights, watch the evening severe weather report, pack my "tornado backpack", (which everyone laughs at, but when my house gets blown over by a tornado, I'll be the one on the evening news wearing all articles of proper clothing, including a bra (plus if we loose all of our material items, I'll be at peace if I have my beloved toothbrush)).

I drove back across the state today on I-80. In three hours I drove through two tornado warnings and several thunderstorms. The tornados have become a side thought as most people are dealing with the worst flooding in years. Dry runs have become swollen rivers and small streams are ragging with furry. Fields are washed out and Iowa might just look like the swamp land it once was.

They are calling for another week of rain, but tonight all is calm on the home front. Just the sound of tree frogs and slurping sump-pumps fill the night air. So as I watched the evening weather edition tonight this is what I found, thanks Brenna :)


23

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

2 comments:

Brenna said...

23? I thought for sure you could take more than that:)

Tracy Anne said...

Amen on the "swamp it once was". If it looked a little more that way BEFORE all this rain we certainly wouldn't have the flooding problems we're dealing with.