5/15/2009

Date Night - House of Blues & LIVE


It’s been years since I have been to a really good concert. My days of mosh pits and body surfing at concerts are long gone. But when we heard LIVE was coming (LIVE who was LIVE?......Throwing copper, Lighting crashes, I alone, Dolphins cry…. I’ll give you a minute to reminisce your glory days of the mid 90’s) we ordered some tickets and went with our friends Zoran and Melissa.

I was a total dork and forgot my camera, but the concert was at the Houston House of Blues. If you haven’t been before I HIGHLY recommend it. It’s a more mature venue, no mosh pits, no smoking, no crazy - naked people (although someone did throw their white grandma-looking bra up on stage and the lead signer looked a little digested). It’s very small and intimate venue with great acoustics and good sounds balance. It was a really interesting crowd, everyone from teens to an old grandpa in the balcony that rocked out the whole time. We had general admission tickets, which were standing only, I figured being pregnant I would be stuck in the back, but the crowd was tame and we were about 20 feet from the stage…..It was awesome!

LIVE put out some good tracks over the years (their new stuff is a lot more mellow) but they are great in concert! Good voices and just a great, fun stage performance. It turned out to be a really fun, relaxing night…one last major date night before the baby comes…


This one of their new tracks....


HEAVEN



No comments: