5/22/2009

Jared never he told me he was half Klingon….

Eliza was out a few nights ago playing at the neighborhoods house. By the time I got home Jared had put the girls to bed and said Eliza was a little warm. I saw some of her new fangs pushing through so figured she was just teething. I checked on Eliza about 11 pm and she was burning up…temp 104.2. Its not uncommon for my kids to run a fever that high, but the weird thing was her head, hands and feet were incredibly hot and the rest of her body was just warm. We gave her some motrin and were up most of the night, but the fever would not break under 102 until late morning.

I thought it was odd it was just a fever, she was not sick, but then again there is a lot of viral stuff going around. Thursday morning I woke up early and took Erin to her graduation practice and Jared brought Eliza right before the ceremony. When he sat down I looked at her face and her forehead was swollen, there was this massive hard knot right between her eyes. Our kid looked like a Klingon. The photos does not do it justice, her forehead was huge! We had no idea what it was from, but coupled with the high fever and a bloody nose I figured it was time to take a trip to the pedi office. I called and said I didn’t think they were related and asked if it was worth coming in and she said get in right away…

My suspension was that it was a spider bite,….after two hours of patiently waiting with two kids at the office the doc I saw decided it might be a bite….two hours and I got…”just watch it and if it gets worse come back.” Great thanks. I often wonder why there is a co-pay due for visits like that.

Today she is feeling much better but still swollen.

No comments: