5/25/2009

Memorial Day Revamp

We had a great Memorial Day Weekend. Saturday night we hung out with some good friends and played boxing on the Wii. Jared can now proudly say he knocked out his pregnant wife.

This morning our ward had their annual pancake breakfast. There was a great turnout and for once it didn’t rain. Jared played kickball with all the little kids and I sat with Eliza as she chowed on watermelon.

Britt and Derek came over about lunch time. I loved our nursery, but for some reason the big purple daisy on the wall was not “manly” enough for Jared’s mini-me. I am too lazy to repaint the whole nursery so Britt and I just revamped to make it a little more masculine. We just painted over all the flowers (the green is the same, the photos were taken at different times during the day). It only took us a few hours, which was really nice so we had time to take the kids swimming.

Jared requested ribs for today. It has been years since I have tackled ribs. I forgot to marinate them the night before, so when I woke up at 2am this morning, I decided I might as well get it done. We cooked them in the oven for three hours and finished them on the grill and they were finger licking good. We had a great dinner, which resulted on me going on a walk so that great dinner does not add to my already swelling kankles.

1 comment:

Carina Olsen said...

I love the new nursery!