5/12/2010

Happy Mothers Day

1985

First off, a big thanks to my Mom who is an inspiration in my life. She is a wonderful woman. Thank you for all the love and sacrifice it took to raise us, we love you!

I had a wonderful Mothers Day! Jared didn’t have church meetings so he was home to help get the kids ready and we actually got to ride to church together. Jared and the girls made omelets for lunch (Jared’s specialty) and Erin made some super cute projects for me in trooper school one that included a Brillo Pad flower.

It was Devin’s day to call home from the mission; he is currently serving in Spain. We have worldwide free calling with Vonage so we ended up being the hub for the call. Brittany and Derek came down for the afternoon to talk and hang out. Jared got me a new headlamp (I did ask specifically for one) which is still I transit (in true Renshaw fashion). And Erin discovered the time delay on the camera..these were the photos I found as I downloaded. It was just a fun and relaxing day.

For me Mothers Day was not too far from the ordinary, which is a good thing. I have a wonderful husband who finds makes time between work, school and church to change diapers, do a load of dishes, helps when asked and takes the kids so I can have a few hours of sanity. And I have wonderful kids, who are well behaved…at least most of the time. I love them all!

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Em, seriously?

You have a pink, flowery apron on? When did we get so uncool? And don't give me that stupid "practical" crap!! We are getting very uncool!

For mother's day one of my co-workers (our age) got a very hideous glass/gold/mirror nicknack and for the first time realized - maybe Grandma didn't actually like all those ugly things in her curio cabinet; maybe they were gifts she couldn't throw away!

*sigh*

Emm said...

Hey, I dig that apron, and its authentic, right out of the 1950's.

Yes, our cool days may just...possibly..be over :)