5/12/2010

Modern Medicine


I stood in front of the mirror last week painting myself purple thinking this is 2010 right? The age of modern medicine? And here I stand thinking if I get into a car accident the paramedics will wonder what kind of underground freak show suburban moms are participating in these days.

Completely lost? Just stop here and head to the next post.

I almost made it through nursing three kids without getting thrush, but that last lovely antibiotic prescription for an ear infection did me in. And I have got to say, it make nursing pure hell. So I dropped a couple of copay's on prescription meds to help clear it up and after 5 days there was no relief. So I called my midwife and she said to try Gention Violet. I called around to probably a dozen health food stores and oddly enough found it at HEB, the local grocery store.

$1.68 and 48-hours later life was good again (it was an additional 48 hours Isaac had a purple mouth). So ladies, if you find yourself there, go old school and paint yourself purple.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Gention Violet is the STUFF, man. It also works wonders on killer diaper rash.