3/09/2009

Weekend Projects


Jared now gets every other Friday off...and he is going to learn to hate them :) Over the course of Friday and Saturday, we put up the bunk beds, stripped and refinished the front door, dug out the sod and planted our garden, mowed the lawn, planted the rest of the flowers and did a few odd and end around the house. I think I am freaking out this baby is coming in in three months :)

I love the color we did in the girls room, it does not show up real well in the photo, but its really pretty. Erin and Eliza are thrilled about the new bunk beds. Eliza is still in her crib, but already mastered climbing up and down the ladder to the top bunk.

We picked up the beds on swapshop (NASA's classifieds) for a great price. I love how it has a desk, bookshelves and small dresser built into it.

I need to finish the frame today, but I FINALLY got my garden in (3 weeks late). The soil down here is poor and I have spent the last two years working this area and adding lots of compost and finally we have a real in-the-ground garden. We planted mainly peppers and tomatoes.

And the door, that is a different story....

5 comments:

Emily W said...

I love the bunk beds you got. I bet your girls will love it!

Jenny said...

You're garden looks great. What all did you have to do to get the soil ready? I love to garden, but don't really know how.....

Love the bunkbeds. My kids love them, and David acclimated just fine straight from his crib to the bed.

Melissa said...

Now we know why Jared is so skinny. :)

Unknown said...

I tried gardening in Dickinson, now in the south part of Houston, and the soil was terrible in both. I managed to get hubby to use an old tiller he fixed to break up the soil, and added compost and manure. But it only made a little difference -- at least it grew squash after all that work. And the 4 experimental yard-long beans grew great. Nothing else though.

Hubby refuses to till anymore, saying it's a lost cause. I'm going to try container gardening now.

Amber said...

You are my hero. & I love the walls in the girls' room. They look great. And, um, sorry again about the door. Any luck yet?