2/01/2006

Hump Day

Wow, A moment to myself. Both little ones are sleeping…I can almost hear myself think. Today is going much better. Yesterday was a tough day. Melena was in her adjustment period and not happy and Erin was jealous for attention. I was attempting to decorate 6 cakes and figure out flowers for a funeral while tending the two little ones. But it all work out, somehow I managed to get everything accomplished :)

Here are some photos from last weekend. The weather was been beautiful here, higher temperature than normal. We have seen mid 70’s temps all month. Downtown the azaleas are in bloom and the azaleas walk is not for another few weeks so the gardens are dumping 200,000 pounds of ice to delay blooming. But today its going to rain. The rainstorms here remind me of home – dark skies and excellent lightening displays.


So I was watching the news yesterday and I heard “Davenport, Iowa” which caught my attention. They were talking about an apartment robbery which I thought was odd, considering Houston has enough crime to talk about they don’t need to go to Iowa to find news by any means. I guess two masked me with guns attempted to rob an apartment and this Iowa chick beat the crap out of both of them. She stabbed one five times and sent both of them to the hospital….Now there’s a hardy Iowa woman. It totally made my day!

1 comment:

Kari said...

The nut house just got a little nuttier, thanks to the additional kid around. I don't know how you do it babe! I like the story about that Iowa woman--I'll have to look online and see if I can find the news report about it.