1/17/2009

4.0 cubic feet of "Pure Cleanliness "...


Out with the old....hello my new friends....


Well at least that is what the outside of the box said. And I was ecstatic (yes I have no life) that they finally came in. Every washer and dryer we have ever owned was a hand-me-down freebie. Great friends, great price, marginal cleaning. My last set was cool enough to have fake wood paneling on the control panels (hello early 1980's). The main drum bearing was worn in the dryer which made this horrid screeching noise. If you have ever wondered why I have a clothes line in my backyard, it was simply to preserve my sanity. And this fall we realized the washer was probably on its last leg.

So when I found out I was pregnant with the third I sent Jared out at 5 am on Black Friday to score a deal. It was a great price and they said it would be in by the second week of December (I could wait two weeks, I've waited five years)....and then Christmas...and then the first of January, and then the tenth of January. Finally I was about ready to bust down the door at Lowes and show the appliance center guy the damage a pissed pregnant woman can do...but I decided to call first. And the sales guy was saved by the Thursday night delivery truck, he said both the washer and dryer were in, I was all sweet! "When is delivery? "Thursday!" "WHAT??? A week for delivery? Do you transport them across town by donkey?" "No Ma'am by a truck"...."ugh, never mind".

Giddy with excitement and horrified by the piles of laundry from a cold dreary week, I didn't have a week. Jared was nice enough (or smart enough) to stop by Lowes on the way home and pick them up. We spent our friday night learning how to hook up a gas line and setting up the units and I spent all of today in laundry bliss, doing load after load, in my silent, humongo washer and dryer. The capacity is almost twice as large as my old ones, should cut my laundry in half.

Erin was just as excited. When we got it set up Erin asked "Dad how about we get some cake and sit and watch it."

8 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

Erin is so cute. Seriously, I can't believe it took them that long to get them to you. And you had to pick them up! What a world we live in.

Emily W said...

Wow, I am totally jealous! I love your new washing machine and dryer!

Jared-Monica-Brooke-Caleb said...

How jealous am I!! I want new ones but am to cheap. I just have to wait till my mine break down!

Jenny said...

That's so funny about Erin. We were at a friend's house the other day who have that kind of washing machine, and Stevie was just sitting in front of it laughing his head off. It was a big hit.

Brenna said...

I am jealous too! I think it will be a long time before we ever get a brand new washer and drier. Then again, after living in student housing and having to go to a laundry mat, I am just satisfied that I don't have to go anywhere to clean my clothes now!

Amber said...

The only thing I can say, is enjoy the 'honeymoon' period. You'll soon come to realize that no matter how beautiful and efficient, they are still beasts from the underworld that force you to do laundry. :)

Kari said...

I am so jealous of the washer/dryer! Every time I have to carry my laundry down four flights of stairs and five blocks north, I always curse and wish for the day when I will have my very own washer and dryer. It's still a pipe dream for me, but I'm glad you have achieved it!

Heather said...

hahaha, leave it to Erin!!