1/15/2009

Hmmm, how I love Texas this time of year ....

Received this email from my mom this morning from NE Iowa. There are some things I don't miss about Iowa, this would be one.....

Hi, did you hear?

-26 last night, -30 at Garber, that's the ACUTAL temp!
Wind chill was -55 below 0 this morning.
Believe it or not, our car popped right off.
The high today will only get to -11. Tonight is to be colder yet.
Schools are all closed, some businesses are closed too.
I'm sitting here in a turtle neck, sweatshirt, long johns and jeans and I'm not any too warm.
Well, back to work. Love ya.

5 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

Wow! one more reason to love our spring like weather.

Tracy Anne said...

Wish they allowed space heaters at work.

Signed,
f-f-f-freezing in Des Moines.

Jessica said...

Oh, yeah. And we live NORTH of Iowa!!! :) The sun is out, making it tollerable from inside. It will all be over soon...it will all be over soon...

Jenny said...

Insane. When we went to chicago, for some reason i had only brought a light coat. Boy, did I have a rude awakenign! I had to buy ANOTHER coat while I was there just so I wouldn't freeze to death, and that was BEFORE this horrific cold front came through.

Brenna said...

Hehehe. I'm loving these mild Utah winters. But there are fun things you can do when it is that cold out. My favorite is blowing bubbles and watching them instantly freeze and drop.