1/18/2009

chilling days, fun nights


I haven't posted many photos lately. Erin seems to be more vocal these days than photogenic. Most of the photos I have of her she is scowling.

This week our area has had several child abduction attempts which is really scary. Obviously the guy isn't real smart. The first eight year old he went after beat him in the face with a shovel. And he has four other failed attempts, but the point he keeps striking is unsettling to any parent.

So I took the opportunity this morning to sit down with Erin and rehash the what to do if a stranger approaches scenario. I said" Erin, what do you do if a man pulls up and gets out of his truck and asks if you want any candy?" She simply replied, "I'll spray him in the eyes with mace so they will burn!" I about died laughing. I carry mace on my key chain and when I got it we had a lengthy discussion of what it does and that its not a toy. Glad it stuck. So we had to talk about running away and how to protect yourself when no mace is available.

2 comments:

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

HILARIOUS! Good girl, she's a fighter! I had the same talk with Stevie just last night.