1/26/2006

Beautiful Days

By the Bay

Yesterday I spent the morning being initiated into “stamping up” with a crazy woman named Dianne. We put together some products for our youth group using rubber stamps. It’s all the craze down here, everyone is always stamping something. I’ll admit I rather enjoyed myself but not something I am planning on taking up anytime soon.

It was one of those beautiful days, almost like early June. For a moment, days like these make you forget that the hellish heat of the summer is lurking around the corner. I took Erin out to the park by the bay. I watched in amazement as she climbed, went over bridges and took on the biggest slides. It’s defiantly a two-person job. I would help her to the top to make sure she did not dive off the side of the equipment and then I would jump down to meet her at the bottom. I considered it my workout for yesterday, buy the time we left I was worn out.

She then found a squirrel (who obviously thought she was going to feed him) and terrorized him by chasing him tree to tree. She would point up in the tree and say “kitty kitty”. Then he would drop down and run to the next and she would be right behind him. It was a very obese squirrel so Erin had no problem keeping up.

I got up early this morning and biked again. I think I am finally getting out that initial I haven’t exercised it way too long and now my body hates me. Of course now that I have lived here 1.5 years, I can still manage to get lost (no longer in the land of the grid). So my ride was a little longer then expected, but I was out late enough to see the sun rise over JSC, which was well worth the 20 minutes of confusion.

Well the day is slipping away till next time……

Where did he go?

1 comment:

Tracy Anne said...

just wait - the day will come when she starts bringing squirrels home and wants to keep them.