1/24/2006

Toilet Pandemonium

We finally got a good rainstorm last weekend. It rained most of Sunday and along with the rain came an unrelated flood. Erin has this new obsession with putting things in the toilet. Most instances of her chucking objects in the toilet we have been standing 5 feet away. She’ll wait until I have a curling iron wrapped up in my hair or am washing my hands. She flashes her innocent smile, flips the lid, drops the object and then quickly closes the lid in hopes you did not see her. I have come accustomed to fishing out shoes, kitchen bowls, clothing and the occasional box of Kleenex, but Sunday something was flushed. After a relaxing morning at church, I came home to a plugged toilet. As I watch in horror as it started to overflow, I came to the realization that we didn’t even have a plunger. To make matters worse the water would not turn off and our bathroom quickly flooded. So I spent Sunday afternoon scouring the town for a plunger in the pouring rain. We finally got the mess cleaned up (I am sure the neighbors below us were thrilled with the water leaking through their ceiling). We never found out what she put down there, it was probably my good watch Jared got me for our anniversary that has been missing a week. So Erin and I had a nice chat about what is appropriate behavior around the toilet.

I finally started my exercise routine this week. I started alternating biking and weight lifting. I thought if I biked at 6 am the traffic would be better (don’t worry mom, I have a light), but in reality people out at that time just drive worse because there is no one else on the road. However, I found a sidewalk, which I attribute to my survival.
It’s a beautiful day today, like an early June day up north. Erin and I went out behind the complex, fed the ducks, and took a little walk. She can now walk 10-15 minutes without stopping. Minus a few face plants here and there she is very nimble on her feet.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I'm sorry to hear about the death of your watch. Burial at sea is the way to go though... :)