1/16/2006

Home with the sickies.

After a crazy weekend of running all over the city I was looking forward to a relaxing day, only to wake to Jared with the stomach flu and Erin with a spur in her bottom. Both were ornery and I had nowhere to escape to. Luckily both of them took long naps and are feeling better.

Today I started my New Years workout goal. After a few surgeries and a kid I sag and sway in places that use to be firm. So now it’s off to the gym. I didn’t make it there this morning, but I did make it to my living room to do crunches and pushups. It’s a start!

Today was MLK day, a new holiday for me since I grew up in the North Country where frankly everyone is a white farmer and like all other holidays its just another workday. There were lots of celebrations across the city, but I stayed home with the sickies.

Saturday night I chaperoned a church youth dance. Its was three hours of great entertainment as we watched awkward boys get the nerve to ask a girl to dance and then look like a fish out of water as they shuffled across the floor attempting to avoid her feet. To make it even more enjoyable the theme of the dance was Napoleon Dynamite so we spent the rest of the night attempting who was dressing up like a nerd and who was in their regular attire. The youth had a great time, as did we.

Sunday night Jared and I sat on a “relationship" panel for a youth fireside as we discussed the ups and downs of dating a marriage. As we sat there reminiscing on our best and worst dates, I decided the best thing about marriage is that the realm of dating is over. No more boys who can’t dance and awkward dates where the time seems to stand still and your date is standing at the door ready and willing to kiss you and you have to make up some excuse like you have rabies to dodge the moment. Now I just deal with dirty diapers and lost keys….Marriage life is good.
Well Its off to bed, we’ll see if I make my 5 am goal for the gym tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Dirty diapers and lost keys huh? I'm not sure that's better than being wined and dined or dumping someone, but maybe I'd have to wait and experience if for myself.

Tracy Anne said...

While I can't address the issue of dirty diapers, I agree. Married life is much better than the stress and trauma of dating. Even despite picking up dirty socks and cleaning beard stubble off the bathroom sink. ;-)