1/20/2006

Sandcastles & Wheels


Last night we went out to eat at this quaint little Mexican restaurant called mamacitas. Typically it’s not the best Mexican food around, but Thursday nights they have buy one meal get one half off, which fits our frugal budget. The food last night was exceptionally good, so two thumbs up for mamacitas!

Erin and I went to the park today and played in the sand. I find the city parks around here provide an interesting social network of stay-at-home moms. A network that I attempt to avoid at all costs. I like meeting new people and every now and then I will meet a mother and we’ll chat about a book or food production. But typically the conversations in these networks seem to always revolve around the same thing: scrap booking, the jymbroee, and some parent who spent $300 on their kid’s first birthday party. So while all the other mothers are sitting on the sideline talking about what paper texture is better I built a sandcastle with some Chinese kids and then Erin pretended to be Godzilla and destroyed it.

Then on to the grocery store…. HEB (the large grocery store down here) just put in new carts and some of them have a big plastic car on the front to put your kids in (genius!) So as I am shopping Erin is in her little car having honking wars with the old man riding along on his scooter. We would meet him every isle or so and she would hang out the side and wave at him and honk. She is such a little flirt, makes me worried what age 16 will bring. Ever wonder why its name is HEB? The owner’s last name was BUTTS! Nothing like buying your food at Butt’s grocery, I imagine it was a very intelligent marketing person that suggested the initials instead of the full name for the store.


Tonight we are just lounging; I think it’s going to rain all weekend, which we need it. We are in the midst of a severe drought. Here a new pic of Erin and I, one of the few. I am usually the one operating the camera. Looking at it I desperately need to highlight my hair…hmmmmm put it on the to do list.
Have a good weekend. Until next time….

2 comments:

One Artist a Day said...

in rockton they actually did name the museum after tha man and they have a great art museum called "the burpey"

Tracy Anne said...

i'm jealous. i want to play in a sandbox too.